- Install four, five or six rows of flooring, either as a direct stick applying glue to the subfloor or as a floating floor by applying Glue into the groove of both the side and ends of the planks.
- Connect each row of floorboards together to properly fix the tongue and groove connections as much as possible.
- Use the clamps every 90 – 120 cm and ratchet tightly until the gaps between floorboards will close.
Note: Do not over tighten the belt clamps. These clamps are heavy duty but overtightening only concludes problems.
- Place strips of “14 days” blue painters’ tape across the newly installed rows of flooring, spaced 45 – 60 cm or so, and overlapping the previous sections of boards by one or two rows. This will hold the boards tightly together until the flooring adhesive dries.
- Release the tension and remove the clamps.
- Repeat cycle.
- Remove tape once flooring adhesive has set – consult manufacturer installation instructions for cure time.
- Enjoy your floor.
- Using tools can be dangerous.
- Always take care and keep away from children.
- For your own safety and to reduce the risk of harm wear the appropriate and necessary Personal Protective Equipment including protective eyewear in the work area at all times.
- Select correct type and size of tool for work.