Stair nosing for an elegant and impressive finish!
A substantial range of stair nosing or custom-made stair nosing is available to match your Clever floor purchase.
Stairnoses are an important aspect to consider, because:
- They protrude a little over the edge of the tread, providing some extra space for users to place their feet
- Creates a beautiful feature, a focal point that will continue to impress
- Clever Stairnoses are available across all our flooring ranges including Australian Timbers, Engineered Oak, Hybrid, Hydro, Laminate, and Bamboo
- Adds value to your home with the seamless colour matched finish of your chosen Clever floors being installed on your internal staircase
- Requires minimal cleaning
- All Clever Choice products have been independently tested for slip performance. In cases where a slip result does not meet your requirements, Clever Choice does have additional slip-resistant products including slip-rated coatings and slip-resistant tapes available for application on-site.
To install Clever stairnoses, follow the simple process outlined below:
- Remove any additional coverings i.e. carpet off the staircase
- If the substructure has a bullnose, then you will need to either cut it off or pack out the riser
- Clean the substructure free of dirt or debris
- Cut and install the floorboards on the riser first, using builders’ adhesive to glue the boards in place. (Underlay is not to be used on the installation of stairs)
- Then cut the stair nose to fit over the riser
- Cut the floorboards to finish off the rest of the tread using builders’ adhesive to glue the boards in place.
Stairnosing to match the Clever Classic Laminate & Hydro Laminate Lifestyle ranges
|Stairnose Classic Brushbox (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Classic Cypress Pine (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Classic Gloss Spotted Gum (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Classic Gloss Blackbutt (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Classic Jarrah (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Classic Antique Brass (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Classic Matt Blackbutt / Antique Blackbutt (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Classic Matt Spotted Gum / Antique Spotted Gum (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Classic Aged Teak / Vintage Teak (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Classic Seashell / Sea Coast (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Classic Moonlight / Moon Grey (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Classic Silver Grey / Antique Grey (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Classic Iron Grey / Midnight (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Classic White Oak (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Classic Silky Silver (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Classic Barrelwood (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Classic Barnyard Grey (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Classic Le Sands (2400mm Length)
Stairnosing to match the Clever Hydro Laminate XL range
|Stairnose Hydro XL Alaska (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Hydro XL Hawaii (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Hydro XL Miami (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Hydro XL Helena (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Hydro XL Lincoln (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Hydro XL Kansas (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Hydro XL New York (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Hydro XL Nashville (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Hydro XL Cleveland (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Hydro XL Black Magic (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Hydro XL Antique Teak (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Hydro XL Aqua Brushbox (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Hydro XL Aqua Blackbutt (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Hydro XL Aqua Spotted Gum (2400mm Length)
Stairnosing to match the Clever Hybrid XL 6mm range
|Stairnose Hybrid XL Athens (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Hybrid XL Vienna (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Hybrid XL Kande Oak (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Hybrid XL Milan (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Hybrid XL Florence (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Hybrid XL Barcelona (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Hybrid XL Paris (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Hybrid XL Venice (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Hybrid XL NSW Blackbutt (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Hybrid XL NSW Spotted Gum (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Hybrid XL Cannes (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Hybrid XL Berlin (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Hybrid XL Prague (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Hybrid XL Budapest (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Hybrid XL Dublin (2400mm Length)
Stairnosing to match the Clever Hybrid Superior 9mm range
|Stairnose Hybrid Superior Coastal Breeze (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Hybrid Superior Grey Forest (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Hybrid Superior Wheat Land (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Hybrid Superior Sandy Rock (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Hybrid Superior Winterfalls (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Hybrid Superior Black Sea (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Hybrid Superior Coastal Blackbutt (2400mm Length)
|Stairnose Hybrid Superior Coastal Spotted Gum (2400mm Length)
Stairnosing to match the Clever Bamboo range
|Stairnose Bamboo Balinese 1820x92x14mm
|Stairnose Bamboo Champagne 1850x90x14mm
|Stairnose Bamboo Coffee 1820x92x14mm
Custom Stairnose – now that’s Clever!
Clever Choice on request can arrange for your stairnosing to be custom made for any Clever Choice flooring product. The advantages of custom stairnosing with Clever is:
- Your stairnosing will be created from the batch of Clever flooring purchased therefore producing a better colour match
- Custom stairnoses can be ordered across all our flooring ranges including Australian Timber Species, European Engineered Oak, Hybrid, Hydro, Laminate, Bamboo
- It only takes 5-7 days to turn-around a custom stairnose order
Custom stairnose profile
Are your high traffic areas and staircases slip-resistant?
Slip-resistant products may be crucial to ensure the safety of your flooring installation for users. Understanding how slip resistance may affect your choices, starts with understanding slip resistance. We have provided a number of valuable reading materials to help you:
- Australian Building Codes Board publication, ‘Slip-resistance for stairways, landings and ramps, Advisory Notes, 2020’, www.abcb.gov.au, click here to view and download the ABCB Advisory Notes
- Australia Timber Flooring Association (ATFA) publication, ‘Understanding Slip Resistance’, Information Sheet #45, September 2016, www.atfa.com.au, click here to view and download the ATFA publication
- Clever FAQ’s, What is the P slip resistance rating on flooring products
There are a number of products available on the market should you need to improve the slip-resistant ratings for your flooring installation including improving the slip resistance to stair treads, entrance, and exit points.
First, learn what the ‘P’ rating is for your flooring choice. You can discover the slip-resistant ratings by requesting an independent test report from your place of purchase or the flooring supplier directly. Sometimes, many flooring suppliers will make the ‘P’ rating very visible as part of their product specifications. View the technical tab for each Clever range to download the slip test reports for the flooring product you are planning to install.
You can order Slip-Resistant Tape from Clever Choice. Contact us or ask your flooring store for more information.
Click here for the Slip-Resistant Tape report.
You will need an Application Pack with the Bona Traffic HD Anti-Slip 5L finishing lacquer. Contact us or ask your flooring store for more information.
Click here for the recommended Slip-Resistant Coating product information sheet.